Saturday 29th November 2014, the école supérieure d’art et de design Toulon Provence Méditerranée took part in a day devoted to the Network of high-level art schools in the PACA region and Monaco. A first event that took place at the Villa Méditerranée in Marseille
The Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region and the Principality of Monaco have 7 high-level art schools, making it one of the areas most endowed with academic establishments around the Mediterranean basin:
- La Villa Arson - Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Art of Nice
- École Nationale Supérieure de la Photographie of Arles
- École Supérieure d’Art et de Design Marseille-Méditerranée
- École Supérieure d'Art of Aix-en-Provence
- École Supérieure d’Art et Design Toulon Provence Méditerranée
- École Supérieure d'Art of Avignon
- Le Pavillon Bosio, Art & Scénographie, École Supérieure d’Arts Plastiques of Monaco
Strengthened by this richness and diversity, these establishments wished to form a network that would seek to fortify and enhance their cooperation within the fields of art education, research, supporting creative work and entry into the professional sphere for the young graduates.
- This day of exchange and sharing of experiences was enriched by:
- A round table reuniting the presidents and directors of each school. Each presenting their ambitions, missions and the common stakes currently influencing the Network.
- Presentations of specific research projects run by each school.
- A « discovery » forum for future students and professionals.
Led by the Cultural Industries Pole since June 2014, the network aims to reinforce the impact of the schools within the region and beyond on both a national and international level, through a programme of actions ranging from the setting up of means for cooperation in actions aiming to reinforce visibility on both a professional and public level.
Other meetings are planned in order to consolidate the above mentioned programme of actions.